English Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery Center Surgi-Spa offers Permanent Make-up Treatments to patients in Little Rock, Arkansas, North Little Rock, Arkansas, Pine Bluff, Arkansas, Conway, Arkansas, Jacksonville, Arkansas, Sherwood, Arkansas, Jonesboro, Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas, Fort Smith, Arkansas and surrounding areas.
What is Permanent Make-up?
Intradermal Pigmentation more commonly known as permanent make-up is a revolutionary method of applying micro insertions of natural pigments in the dermal layer of the skin. This state of the art technique is medically proven and specifically designed to be completely safe. At English Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery Center and Surgi-Spa in Little Rock, Intradermal Pigmentation is used for a variety of permanent cosmetic enhancements such as permanent eyebrows, eyeliner, and lip liner/color. Other permanent cosmetic procedures include vitiligo (depigmentation of patches of the skin), scar camouflage, areolar restoration, hairline enhancement and more. Permanent cosmetics treatments are designed for women and men of all ages and skin types to provide a natural appearance. They are designed to enhance your own features. Artistically applied eyebrows, eyeliner, and full lip color will save time and money.
What can Permanent Makeup do for me?
Permanent makeup or Micro Pigment Implantation (MPI) allows individuals to look their best, even with busy lifestyles. Women and men of every age and race use it to improve appearance.
There are many benefits of permanent makeup. Once applied, the use of cosmetics is reduced or eliminated so a person never looks without make-up in that area. Permanent makeup does not smear so it is ideal for persons with oily skin. People who wear contact lenses also enjoy permanent makeup because it does not flake. Many individuals who suffer from allergic reactions have permanent makeup because it replaces cosmetic products they cannot tolerate.
A range of colors and application methods are available to the patient. A bold dramatic look can be created or, through conservative application, a natural look can be achieved that does not go out of style.
How and in what areas is Permanent Make-up applied?
Micro Pigment Implantation can be applied in the following areas:
- Eyebrows - Enjoy fuller brows without using a pencil or other makeup. Permanent makeup does not wash or wipe off when swimming, playing tennis, or engaging in other activities. Even persons with alopecia (loss of hair) are surprised by the natural appearance of the eyebrows after treatment.
- Eye Shadow - A subtle color can be applied to highlight the eyelids and compliment skin tone. The eye shadow procedure is a perfect camouflage for the lighter colored scars that may result from eyelid surgery.
- Eyeliner - Permanent makeup can be applied to create a subtle, natural look or a bold definite line in any color. A solid line or a soft smudged look at the base of the lash line can make lashes look fuller. A subtle dotting procedure at the base of the lash can also create a natural look for men.
- Lip Liner - Application of lip liner can correct asymmetry and add definition and fullness to the lips. It can even create the appearance of a change in the size and shape of the lips. Available in almost any color, lip liner can be applied lightly in skin tone to give women or men a natural look.
- Full Lip Color - Full lip color can be applied to result in a soft lipstick-like color or to appear as natural as a newborn baby's lips.
- Areola - A range of pink-brown color is applied to the areola (the area around the breast nipple) to create a change in its size, shape or color. Cancer patients undergoing breast reconstruction can benefit from the application of permanent makeup. Areolar restoration and scar camouflage can be achieved in one procedure.
- Beauty Marks - Color can be applied to the skin to create a sexy mole to enhance beauty.
- Scar Camouflage - Micro pigment implantation is successful in pigmenting scars and burns. Until recently, patients with scars or burns have had to rely on the daily application of makeup to disguise imperfections. MPI (micro pigment implantation) can help restore natural skin tones. Since slight fading sometimes occurs, touch-ups can easily be done at a later time at a reasonable cost.
- Vitiligo - Matching flesh tones are applied to areas of skin that are void of pigment. Patients with vitiligo are usually extremely pleased with the results of MPI.
What is permanent make up recovery like?
The recovery time for MPI is almost immediate. Some redness and swelling is normal and begins to disappear within two hours. Cool compresses (washcloths soaked in a basin of ice and water) may be applied to the treated area for 10 to 30 minutes following the procedure. These compresses help to reduce swelling and aid healing.
Colors appear brighter and more sharply defined immediately following the procedure. As healing progresses, the color and lines will soften. Makeup may be used to tone down the color until healing is complete. The healing process usually occurs within a few days to two weeks.
Most permanent make-up patients at English Plastic Surgery Center & Surgi-Spa in Little Rock resumed all normal activities within 24 hours with some restrictions. The treated area should not be exposed to the sun for at least 14 days following the application of permanent makeup. Soaking the treated area in a bath, swimming pool, hot tub, fresh water or salt water should also be avoided for at least two weeks.
Who is your Permanent Make-up Aesthetician?
Myra Weaver of English Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery Center and Surgi-Spa has trained under internationally recognized Dixie Medford P.C.C.D. at the Texas Institute of Permanent Cosmetics. Myra has worked with Dr. English at his practice in Little Rock for 18 years and has been in the "Beauty Industry" for over 20 years. Her knowledge and experience speak for themselves. Her devotion to her clients and her sincere desire to help others serves as the driving force that has called her into this field. Myra enjoys spending time with her two daughters, Bailey and Brooke. Myra can be reached at English Plastic Surgery Center & Surgi-Spa in Little Rock, AR. Call her today!
Dr. Jim English