Vaginal Rejuvenation (Vaginoplasty) in Little Rock, AR
Dr. English, a triple board-certified surgeon at English Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Center, offers various plastic and cosmetic surgery procedures to the residents of Little Rock, Conway, Pulaski County and the surrounding communities in Arkansas.
It’s not a topic that gets much discussion, but the reality is that each year thousands of women seek surgical enhancement of their vaginal area through cosmetic surgery procedures. Vaginal rejuvenation, labiaplasty, perineoplasty, clitoroplasty and others (see below) help women enhance their sensuality and feel more confident in intimate settings.
Some procedures improve function, such as vaginal tightening, while others offer aesthetic solutions. Regardless, our mission is to empower women today with the knowledge, choice and alternatives available to them. As a triple board-certified facial plastic and cosmetic surgeon, Dr. English has helped develop surgical techniques (see attached article) to improve the function of the vaginal area while enhancing sexual satisfaction.
Our expert staff will take the time to answer your questions and concerns about these sensitive cosmetic and functional surgical procedures when you meet with them in our private office setting. Request a consultation to learn more.
What is Vaginal Rejuvenation?
Vaginoplasty is an outpatient surgical procedure that tightens and/or removes excess vaginal lining while tightening the surrounding soft tissues and muscles. The result is an improved functional and aesthetic appearance of the vaginal area. Vaginoplasty may involve combined but distinct surgeries, such as labiaplasty and clitoroplasty, or in individual cases, they can be combined with other cosmetic procedures such as breast augmentation, liposuction, tummy tuck, etc.
Is Vaginal Rejuvenation Right for Me?
The natural process of childbirth or aging can result in damage to the vaginal wall and muscles. The result is a relaxed vaginal canal and/or large vaginal opening. Women who experience these problems often report:
- Feeling too loose, stretched out or not being able to feel their partner during intimacy
- Not having enough friction or lack of sensation
- Having a difficult time achieving orgasm
- Embarrassing vaginal noises while walking and during intercourse
- Tampons falling out
- A gaping vaginal opening unpleasing in appearance
Vaginal Rejuvenation can also reduce pain and discomfort from scarring caused from previous genital surgeries.
Click here to request a private consultation.
How Long Will My Results Last?
The results of cosmetic vaginal rejuvenation are meant to be a long-lasting solution. However, subsequent pregnancies or significant weight gain can alter the results.
Aftercare and Recovery
The complete recovery process is different for each patient and is usually two to four weeks. But within a day after the procedure, you should be up and walking around. There may be some bruising and swelling initially. You may experience minor discomfort, which can be controlled by medication.
Am I a Good Candidate for Vaginal Rejuvenation?
A good candidate for vaginal rejuvenation would be a woman in good mental and physical health who doesn’t smoke or suffer from diabetes and has completed childbearing. The best way to find out if you’re a good candidate is to schedule an appointment for a consultation with Dr. English. Click here to request a consultation.
Am I a Good Candidate for Vaginal Rejuvenation if I Have Never Had Children?
Yes. Just because you have never given birth does not mean you do not notice vaginal relaxation. A loss in laxity can occur due to drastic fluctuations in weight, genetics, age, chronic coughing, repeated and prolonged straining due to constipation, heavy lifting or strenuous exercise.
How much does vaginal rejuvenation cost in Little Rock?
Each vaginal rejuvenation procedure is unique because it is performed with YOU in mind. Since your needs will be different from other patients, it will not be possible to provide you with an exact cost until after you meet with Dr. English the first time. Once he has established a treatment plan, we can then go over the cost and discuss which method of payment might be right for you. We accept cash, personal checks, and major credit cards, in addition to financing through CareCredit® or MedLoanFinance.com.
Vaginal rejuvenation procedures are generally considered elective, and are therefore not covered under most health insurance plans. As such, our office does not accept any form of health coverage.
How Do I Get Started?
We all deserve to feel good about our bodies and ourselves. Discussing your concerns about sensitive areas may be slightly uncomfortable but the end result is worth it. We understand and are committed to upholding privacy and discretion at all times in our practice. These types of procedures have not been promoted in times past except for functional reasons. Discussing them and their reasons can be somewhat awkward. At our clinic, the majority of that process will be with a female staff member. Please don’t let an embarrassing surgical set of questions or procedures go unanswered and /or performed if that is something you want or need to do. If you’re ready to learn more then take the next step and request a discreet, confidential consultation with Dr. English and staff.
For the patient who desires improvement in sexual function and has a history of pelvic floor dysfunction, fat augmentation to the anterior vaginal wall (G-Spot amplification) with or without posterior repair can offer a safe and long-lasting solution.
Sometimes referred to as G-spot augmentation or a G-shot, the G-spot amplification procedure is used to increase sexual pleasure among women with normal sexual functions. It works by first locating where a woman’s G-spot actually is. Next, using harvested fat as a natural filler, the G- spot is then augmented. For many women, the results lead to extreme pleasure.
Fat Augmentation of the Anterior Vaginal Wall: A Novel Use of Fat Augmentation in Enhancing the Female Sexual Experience, Lionel D. Meadows, MD, FACOG; Yaniris R. Avella net, MD; Jim English, MD, American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery September 2011.
- Cosmetic Reduction Labiaplasty for the inner lips of the labia minora is often performed to keep these smaller lips from protruding past the larger outer lips. Our female patients sometimes bring drawings and/or photographs to show the look they desire. Thickness and discoloration of the labia can also be improved with these procedures. With a cosmetic reduction labiaplasty procedure, we can tailor this surgery to meet each woman’s own desires.
- Clitoroplasty, a cosmetic reduction of excess prepuce, removes excess skin from the sides of a woman’s clitoris. This reduction is sometimes necessary following a cosmetic reduction labiaplasty in order to provide a more aesthetic appearance.
- Labia Majora Reduction, a surgery performed to reduce the size of the outer vaginal lips. Depending on the needs of the patient, Dr. English will determine the type of procedures to produce better, pleasing results to improve changes resulting from childbirth, the aging process, or extreme fluctuations in weight.
- A perineoplasty procedure could be needed to tighten an aging or relaxed vaginal opening (vulvar introitus), inner or outer lips, or perineum (which is the area between the anus and vulva.) Perineoplasty surgery can physically “tighten” these features to give a more youthful appearance and feel.
- Labia Majora Augmentation is performed by using your own fat to augment or enhance the outer lips. First, liposuction is done to remove fat from another area of your body so that very small amounts can then be injected into the labia majora to give them greater fullness.
- Liposuction of the Vulvar is sometimes performed to remove excess fat from the area around the pubic bone (known as the mons pubis). Women who desire this procedure often abstain from wearing form-fitting clothing because they have unusual bulges that cause them to feel self-conscious. This is especially true among ladies who have lost a great deal of weight, as fat that has accumulated in this area may remain regardless.
All of the aforementioned procedures can be performed in combination with vaginal rejuvenation. Overall, these procedures can provide youthful and aesthetically appealing vulva structures (labia majora, labia minora, introitus, perineum and mons pubis).
If you would like to look and feel your very best, contact us today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Jim English, triple board certified in cosmetic procedures for the face and body. We look forward to seeing you during your vaginal rejuvenation consultation.